For expectant parents who are considering hiring a birth doula or postpartum doula.
Space is limited – Pre-Registration is Required:
This gathering is intended for expectant parents who are considering hiring a birth doula or postpartum doula or would like to learn more about doula support. During the event, you will meet several local doulas all in one place and get the chance to chat one-on-one with each of them. You’ll learn about what services the doulas provide, how they support their clients, and you’ll get a feel for their personalities. You will leave with a handout about each of the doulas and can contact folks you clicked with for follow-up interviews if you’d like. It’s a great event to learn about how doulas can support you and your families during pregnancy, birth, and parenthood. There is no obligation to hire anyone you meet.
You will also learn some common things about birth and postpartum doula services, such as:
• What does a doula do?
• What do services usually entail?
• Why would I want to hire a doula?
• How would a doula work with my partner?
Studies* have shown many benefits of working with a doula, including:
• Shorter labors
• Fewer requests for epidurals
• Less frequent use of forceps or vacuum
• Increased confidence in birth partners
• Fewer cesareans [OR Lower cesarean rate]
• Increased success with breastfeeding
• More time to bond with your baby
• An easier transition into parenthood
Amanda Hemm, Postpartum Doula
Becca Schillaci, Birth Doula, Birth Doula
Heather Chiancola, Birth and Postpartum Doula
Kerri Babish Doula Services, Birth and Postpartum Doula
Lindsay Wolff, Birth Doula
Natasha Trapp - Quiet Waters Doula, Birth Doula